This Chick-fil-A fruit cup is so easy to make, you'll want to have it all the time! Save money and eat healthy when you enjoy this fruit salad. You'll also learn how to prep strawberries and cut apples with this easy copycat recipe.
- 2 cups Red Delicious apple, cubed (226g)
- 2 cups Granny Smith apple, cubed (220g)
- 15 ounce can mandarin orange slices, drained (1 1/4 cup; 242g)
- 2 1/3 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 15; 283g)
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries, rinsed (167g)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon; 30 ml)
- Juice the Lemon: To get the most juice, roll the lemon on the counter. Cut it in half and use a citrus press or reamer to squeeze out the juice, then strain out any seeds. You should have around 2 tablespoons.
- Prep Apples: Wash and dry the apples, then cut in quarters and remove the core. Cut each quarter in half lengthwise to make 8 slices, then cut each slice into 3 bite-sized sections. Toss the apple in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to keep it from turning brown.
- Clean Strawberries: Soak the berries in a mixture of 1/2 cup white vinegar and 2 1/2 cups of water for a few minutes. (You can also use 2 cups warm water and 2 teaspoons of salt.)
- Prep Strawberries: Drain the berries on paper towel, then remove all the stems and leaves. To hull each strawberry quickly, carefully push a wide plastic straw through the top of the strawberry all the way down. Quarter each strawberry lengthwise.
- Make Ahead: Prep the fruit anywhere from 1-4 hours in advance. Place in separate bowls, cover, and refrigerate. Strawberries can easily become mushy when prepped far in advance, so do them last.
- Assemble: Just before serving, mix the red and green apple together in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, mandarin slices, and the blueberries and toss gently.
- Serve: Place the fruit on a large platter or serve in individual bowls. A platter will serve 16 people with 1/2 cup (70g) servings, and individual bowls make eight 1 cup (140g) servings.
- Leftover fruit salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to one day.
- If the fruit salad leftovers aren't as fresh as they were originally, blend it into a smoothie.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice to coat the apple so it doesn't turn brown from oxidation.
- Serve this salad by itself, over vanilla ice cream, over Greek yogurt, with oatmeal, or with a caramel dipping sauce.
- Change things up by adding chopped fresh mint. You can also try a light dressing of 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar mixed with 1 teaspoon of fresh lime, lemon, or orange zest and 3 tablespoon of lime, lemon, or orange juice.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chick-fil-A fruit tray, price, recipe