Our Chipotle cauliflower lime rice is an easy copycat recipe that will please everyone that is diet conscious with its low calories and low net carbs. It's well seasoned with fresh cilantro, lime, and lemon juice, and is the perfect replacement for white rice. Plus, it's vegan, Whole 30, keto, and paleo.
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets (480g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed (15 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Rice: Cut the raw cauliflower into florets. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor in two batches until it's slightly larger than grains of rice.
- Cook: In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil. (Chipotle uses rice bran oil.) Add the cauliflower and stir it frequently until it is golden brown, roughly 6 minutes.
- Finish: Remove the skillet from the heat and add the freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Stir to mix well. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Serve: Cilantro lime rice tastes best when hot. Serve with other keto Tex-Mex food or make your own copycat Chipotle burrito bowl by following our other Mexican recipes.
- To keep the cauliflower from burning, constantly stir with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the heat, then add the lime and lemon juice.
- The amount of lime and lemon juice might seem a bit much, but the cauliflower will absorb it.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chipotle cauliflower rice nutrition, keto, bowl