Candy cane mocktail is a fun nonalcoholic recipe that’s perfect for kids and families during the holidays. This fun drink is made with an infused strawberry simple syrup. It’s sparkling, festive, and best of all—low calorie! Make up a big pitcher for a crowd at your next Christmas party; your friends will love it.
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar (198g)
- 1 cup water (236 ml)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced (fresh or frozen) (58g)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Rim & Garnish
- 1/3 cup concentrated lemon juice (78 ml)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (66g)
- few drops of red food coloring
- 4 mini candy canes (one for each glass)
For the Drink
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice, chilled (236 ml)
- 1 cup strawberry simple syrup, chilled (236 ml)
- 1 cup sparkling water, chilled (236 ml)
- 1 1/3 cup cranberry Sprite, chilled (315 ml)
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons grenadine (40 ml)
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters (5 ml)
Making the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Pour the sugar and water into a small saucepan set over medium heat, stirring constantly until it is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in the strawberries and the vanilla. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool. Let the strawberries infuse in the simple syrup for a minimum of 2 hours to achieve maximum flavor, then strain out the strawberries and pour the syrup into an airtight mason jar. It can keep in the fridge for two weeks.
Decorating the Rim
- Pour the lemon juice and sugar into two separate, shallow bowls. Add a few drops of red food coloring to the sugar and mix it together by rubbing the sugar between your hands.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the lemon juice, then swirl it in the colored sugar.
Making the Drink
- Mix the cranberry juice, strawberry simple syrup, sparkling water, cranberry Sprite, grenadine, and Angostura bitters in a large pitcher. Pour into the prepared glasses and garnish with a mini candy cane. Serve cold.
- For an individual serving, pour 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cranberry juice, 1/4 cup strawberry simple syrup, 1/3 cup cranberry Sprite, 1/4 cup sparkling water, 2 teaspoons Grenadine, and 1/8 teaspoon Angostura bitters into a glass. Stir until blended. Garnish with a mini candy cane. Serve cold.
- Up to two weeks ahead of time make the strawberry simple syrup and store in fridge.
- Up to two hours ahead of time, decorate the rims of the glasses at one time.
- Need a larger batch? Mix up a pitcher full, but leave out the bubbly ingredients then chill it in the fridge. Just before serving add the sparkling water and the Sprite.
- Need this in a punch bowl? Quadruple the recipe for your next holiday party.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, Christmas, non alcoholic