Buttery garlic parsley potatoes is an easy stovetop recipe to make for your family’s next dinner. Baby red potatoes are boiled and coated in garlicky browned butter and fresh chopped parsley. Make this simple comfort food ahead of time, and enjoy it this crowd pleasing side at dinner tonight.
- 12 baby red potatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salted butter (reserve 1/2 tablespoon for the garlic)
- 2 tablespoon fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prep. Scrub the potatoes, then carefully remove a wide band of skin from the middle of each potato with a paring knife. Keep the peelings to roast later. (Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings of your choice, then roast on a foil-lined pan for 10 minutes at 400 F.)
- Cook. Place the potatoes in a large Dutch oven and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, add one teaspoon of kosher salt, stir to dissolve, then reduce the heat and continue cooking until they are fork tender, about 11 to 15 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Prep the garlic and parsley. While they are cooking, mince two large cloves of garlic and chop up the fresh parsley.
- Make the browned butter. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and set over medium heat. Once it begins to bubble, swirl the pan and stir constantly to prevent burning. Turn the heat down to medium low and continue to cook until it’s golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour the butter into a small bowl and continue stirring for a minute to help cool it down.
- Cook the garlic. Using the same saucepan, saute the minced garlic in 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted butter over medium high heat until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add the garlic to the browned butter.
- Stir everything together. Drizzle the browned butter and garlic on top, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until each potato is well coated. Serve warm.
- Test the spuds every 5 minutes when boiling this way they don’t overcook.
- First, cover the spuds with cold water, then bring to a boil.
- To prevent oxidization, cover them in water.
- Don’t want a pitted pot? Wait until the water is boiling to add the salt.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: boiled potatoes recipe ideas, parsley potatoes