Buffalo chicken dip is a super easy, crowd pleasing appetizer that’s perfect for game night, Christmas, New Years, or anytime you’re having a party! This appetizer can be baked or made in a crockpot. The football fans at your house will love this spicy, creamy snack for the Super Bowl!
- Beat the softened cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until smooth. Dump in the ranch dressing and buffalo sauce and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the grated cheese and shredded chicken until evenly mixed.
- Crockpot Method: place the dip in a 5-quart slow cooker, cover, and keep on low for 1-2 hours, until the dip is warm and melted.
- Oven Method: spread the dip in a casserole dish and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling around the edges.
- Stir the dip, then serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or celery sticks.
- Short on time? Use rotisserie chicken.
- Make your own ranch and buffalo sauce for the best flavor. Everything tastes better when it’s made from scratch!
- Soften the cream cheese by letting it sit on the counter for an hour before using. Alternatively, remove the cream cheese from its foil wrap and microwave at 15 second intervals until softened.
- Add more heat with hot sauce, cayenne pepper, diced jalapeños, or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Reheat individual portions in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crockpot buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip tasty