Satisfy your chocolate cravings with these easy fudge brownie cookies. They’re made with cocoa powder and dark chocolate for the rich decadence you’ll love. Whip up a batch of these homemade treats for Christmas and watch them disappear!
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips (60% cacao; 340g)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (50g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (115g)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (105g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (12g)
- Pour the chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water and that no steam gets into the chocolate. Stir occasionally until melted, then remove the chocolate from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Put the eggs, white and brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, until the batter is pale yellow, thick, and increased in volume.
- Gently pour in the chocolate and melted butter and mix until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, then fold gently until combined. Make sure no lumps or streaks of flour remain in the mixture, and work quickly, as the chocolate will thicken the batter.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes to firm it up slightly. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F and line two 11×17-inch cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop the batter by heaping tablespoonfuls (38g of batter) onto the prepared cookie sheets, putting 12 cookies on each tray.
- Bake the cookies at 350 F for 12-15 minutes, switching the trays halfway through for even baking. For extra fudgy cookies, bake for 12 minutes; for firmer cookies, bake for 15 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then leave to set completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fudgy, cocoa powder