Chicken and broccoli stir fry is an easy recipe for a quick healthy weeknight meal. This low carb one pot Chinese meal is simple, cheap, and gluten free. Your family will love this tasty stir fry with its honey sesame sauce. The best part is this simple meal can be prepped ahead of time, for a lightning fast main course for your most busy nights.
For the Stir Fry
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup white and green scallions, cut on the bias
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 large bunches of broccoli, cut into florets, trim the stems and slice (keep separate)
- 1/2 cup water
For the Sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet set over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Sprinkle with salt. Stir constantly, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Let the oil heat up, then add the scallions and ginger. Stir continuously for 1 minute, then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli stems and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, then add the broccoli florets. Pour in 1/2 cup of water and scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden turner to deglaze the pan. Continue to cook until the broccoli has turned a bright green, roughly 2 minutes, then mix in the chicken.
- Whisk the honey, sesame seed oil, soy sauce, and corn starch in small bowl. Use a wooden spoon to make a hole in the center of the stir fry, then pour the sauce in the center of the skillet. Let the sauce boil and thicken. If necessary, add more cornstarch the sauce to thicken it, or water to thin it.
- Mix the sauce into the stir fry and serve immediately over hot white or brown rice, Asian noodles, quinoa, cauliflower rice or zoodles.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: chicken, stir fry, recipes