Craving a moist slice of banana bread, but you’re in a hurry? Whip up this fluffy banana mug cake recipe, and you’ll be enjoying an eggless microwave treat in no time. It’s a healthy-ish dessert that kids will love, too.
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (35g)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (45g)
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (58g)
- 2 tablespoons milk (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil (15 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Pour the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a 14 ounce mug and stir until well blended.
- Add the brown sugar, mashed banana, milk, olive oil, and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined. Be sure to scrape the spoon all the way into the corners of the mug, and stir until there are no lumps of flour.
- Gently stir in the walnuts and microwave on high for 2 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Let the mug cake cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Use very ripe bananas that have been thoroughly mashed for the best flavor and texture.
- Be sure to mix the batter well so there are no lumps or streaks of unincorporated flour.
- For a higher rising, fluffier cake, let the batter stand for 5 minutes before microwaving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: without egg, cinnamon