Our copycat Chick-fil-A avocado lime ranch dressing recipe is easy and quick to make at home with fresh lime juice and ripe avocados. Pour it over your healthy summer salads and burrito bowls or use it as a dip for your chicken wraps or fresh vegetables.
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, washed, cut in half, pit removed and pulp scooped out (220g)
- 1/2 cup mayo, like Duke's (110g)
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (leave out for keto)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon water, to thin (15 ml)
- Place all the dressing ingredients: fats, acids, and spices (except the olive oil and water) into a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides with a spatula, if necessary.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle the extra virgin olive oil into the dressing.
- Thin the dressing with a little water, then taste and adjust seasonings. Add a bit more acid (vinegar, buttermilk, or lime juice) if necessary.
- Use a spatula to remove the dressing from the food processor and pour it into a bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate in an air tight container to chill for an hour or two to a maximum of 5 days.
- An avocado is ripe when it yields to firm, gentle pressure.
- Ripen avocados by putting them in a paper bag with an apple inside for a couple of days.
- Squeeze your own lime juice with a citrus press or reamer.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice, vinegar, and buttermilk to get the dressing as tangy as you would like.
- If there is time, chill the dressing in the fridge before using for maximum flavor.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing Recipe, Nutrition, Calories