Oven baked apple peel chips are a frugal, addictive snack that’s easy to make! These cinnamon sugar coated peels are baked until crunchy. Kids will love eating these chips on the go!
- 2 cups apple peels, from 4 large apples (88g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (14g)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (12g)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix together the sugar and spices until well blended.
- Toss the peels with the melted butter until evenly coated, then mix with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread them evenly on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 250 F for 2 1/2 hours. They are done when they are deep brown and very crunchy.
- Sprinkle any extra cinnamon sugar on top and enjoy.
- Use thick peels for the best taste. Super thin ones will bake faster and burn easier.
- Leave some of the apple flesh on the peels. This helps them taste better.
- Bake them on parchment paper to catch any messes and keep the cookie sheet clean.
- Bake them low and slow for the best results. A high oven temp will burn them quickly.
- Reserve the extra cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on later.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple chips, apple peel uses