Learn how to make this quick and easy Mexican drink: agua de guayaba. This refreshing nonalcoholic drink is perfect for kids, parties, or Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Enjoy a glass of this agua fresca today!
- 1 pound ripe yellow guavas (6-7 guavas; 453g)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150g)
- 6 cups water (1.4 liters)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, optional (45 ml)
- Rinse the guavas, slice off each end from the fruit, then cut them in half.
- Place the halved guavas in a blender or food processor and add 1/4 cup of the sugar and some of the water. Puree the guavas until smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Strain the puree with a mesh sieve to remove the seeds.
- Stir the water into the guava puree. Add more sugar to taste, and the lime juice if desired.
- Serve chilled or with ice. Refrigerate leftover agua de guayaba for up to 3 days.
- The guavas are ripe when they give slightly when gently squeezed.
- Be sure to strain out the seeds, as they are very hard to chew.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: agua de guayaba, guava drink, agua fresca